Jojopah is Back!
Summer Ritual Schedule
Shaman Jojopah Maria Nsoroma is back for the summer. The CCL ritual theme for 2015 is Invoking the New Earth. Here's a schedule of events where Jojopah will be appearing:
Cost for each of the Dagara Day Long Rituals is $100. However, no one who comes in earnest will be refused because of their inability to pay the full amount.
- April 26th (service begins at 11:11AM): She will be speaking at our Sunday Life Celebration. There will also be a free reception for her that afternoon at CCL from 4:00-6:00PM.
- Friday, May 8th from 7:00-9:00PM: Jojopah will host a two hour introduction to the ancient Medicine Wheel of the Dagara People of West Africa. This is the basis for the ritual work that will be done over the summer. This is a free event.
- Saturday, May 9th, 9:00AM-6:00PM: Earth Ritual.
- Saturday, June 6th, 9:00AM-6:00PM: Fire Ritual.
- Saturday, July 11th, 9:00AM-6:00PM: Water Ritual.
- Saturday, August 8th, 9:00AM-6:00PM: Nature Ritual.
- Saturday, September 12th, 9:00AM-6:00PM: Mineral Ritual.
Weekly, Tuesdays and Thursdays, 9:30-11:00AM
Mind/Body Movement Exercises
Now, a new way to maximize your mornings. These classes are extremely beneficial for those regularly on their feet or using their body in a strenuous way. These techniques are also useful as simple stress reduction tools. Led by Qi Gong practitioner Dan Murphy, these activities are slow and gentle and are useful whether you are a beginner or a lifelong fitness buff. The exercises are done in a non-competitive way and done at your own pace. The benefits of these movements include overall well-being, stress reduction, immune function enhancement and flexibility. These are ongoing classes and you can start anytime. Participants should wear loose, comfortable clothing and should bring a yoga mat, small rug, blanket or large towel. A $5 donation is suggested.
Now, By Appointment
TRE: Tension Release Exercises w/Jody Alexander
CCL is grateful to be able to host this extremely effective program for stress reduction. This technology has been proven effective in the management of trauma and stress. Jody leads you through a series of exercises designed to directly impact those areas of the brain that produce stress. Calm the mind and sleep more soundly by utilizing the techniques you will learn here. Wear comfortable clothing and bring a yoga mat if you have one. By donation. Contact Jody at email@example.com to learn more or make an appointment for an introductory session.